handmade kids' stuff with a bright future + a sweet past

Monday, January 6, 2014


A    N E W   Y E A R  ... Endless possibilities.

 
Welp, another year is upon us and I realize I am a little late, as it has been the New Year for a bit now… maybe I’m just fashionably late, so it’s okay.

 
Like almost every other human being, I embrace a new year whole- heartedly just like I welcomed each past one I have been lucky enough to be a part of.

 
This year, I am going to focus on being grateful daily. My mom sent me this video {she will be so excited that I am talking about it, as she asked me if I watched it for two weeks each time I saw her after she sent it. ;) } It’s about gratefulness and how being grateful and conscious of the act of thankfulness can actually make you happier. I believe it. It works. The best part is that it has sort of a “pass it on” effect, and who doesn’t love that idea? 

 
While I was taking our Christmas tree down this year, I realized something major. As I was pulling each ornament off, I reflected on this past year. {Note: Usually, I am just hastily putting them back to get everything away and de-cluttered.} I remembered the ups the downs, the good, bad, the ugly and all of the grey areas. As I was packing away Grace’s handmade tree art, I thought back to a time when I was a wild and free 20 something living in NYC, when all of my ornaments matched precisely with my décor. That life feels like forever ago and how so much has changed. I laugh a little (like I often do) when I think about what my former self would think of the “me” that is in the here and now. But boy is it funny how those hand-made masterpieces are now my favorite and I couldn’t imagine any tree, going forward, without them.

 
:: Switching gears ::  I am beyond grateful for the year that Dainty Cheeks has had. For my amazing customers who are the coolest, hippest and most fun you could ever imagine. For allowing me to do something I love that fulfills me and inspires me fully.

 
I am excited for what is in store this 2014. Many people say “This is your year!” and maybe it is, whatever that means… but I think 2013, and 2012, also 2011 and each and every year that has brought me to this point was “my year”. They had some, disappointment, sadness, stress, unexpected changes, struggles, etc. but those are the very things that have helped mold the energy and spirit that’s present now. Sometimes though the toughest of times you find someone you would have never known existed if you had not made it out… you find yourself. An even better self, ready to take on everything this New Year has to offer… gratefully of course. ;)

Here is the video... if for no other reason, watch it for mom! (hehe)
 


xoxo,
Chrissy

No comments:

Post a Comment